Worth Worth Saving
19 Feb, 2018 12:00 am to 30 Apr, 2018 11:59 pm
MUST READ BEFORE SIGNING UP
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ENTRY INTO ‘A WORLD WORTH SAVING’ PHOTOGRAPHY COMPETITION;
1. This competition is open to residents of the UK aged 13 years to 20 years old (13 year olds and 20 year olds included).
2. All information detailing how to enter this competition forms part of these terms and conditions. It is a condition of entry that all rules are accepted as final and that the competitor agrees to abide by these rules. The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Signing up to this competition will be taken to mean acceptance of these terms and conditions.
3. Digital copies of entries should be submitted via this contest host or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and will be entered after a £1 contribution per entry has been made to Shosha Adie’s world worth saving payment pool via the Facebook page (@worldworthsaving) or through their school if this has been set up, or unless other terms are agreed upon and already confirmed in writing from email@example.com. Emailed entries must be labelled with the entrant’s full name, age, payer’s paypal name (so they can be matched with their contribution to the pool) and the county an entrant resides. Image files must be between 1MB and 3MB (multiple submissions that exceed this 3MB limit will need to be sent in two separate emails that are labelled part1, part2… ect. in the subject field). These should be accompanied within the email with a short description of the image and how it fits the theme, of no more than 75 words. Entrants should include their email address and telephone number as well as Instagram username if they have one, so that they can be informed if they’ve been selected.
4. All entries must be received by midnight on the closing date.
5. All images submitted must be the work of the individual submitting them and must not have won any other photographic competition. It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure that any images they submit have been taken with the permission of the subject and do not infringe the copyright of any third party or any laws. Entrants must warrant that the photograph they are submitting is their own work and that they own the copyright for it.
6. Copyright in all images submitted for this competition remains with the respective entrants. However, in consideration of their providing the Competition, each entrant grants a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual licence to the judges, Operation Wallacea©, Truro and Penwith College, Richard Lander and the worldworthsaving competition team to feature any or all of the submitted images in any of their publications, their websites, social media and/or in any promotional material connected to this competition.
7. Late, illegible, incomplete, defaced or corrupt entries are not guaranteed entrance, and those where a paypal user has not showed their name on the payment, unless this can be sorted out over email with firstname.lastname@example.org. No responsibility can be accepted for lost entries and proof of transmission will not be accepted as proof of receipt. Entries must not be sent through agencies or third parties.
8. The winning entry will be the one that is judged by the judges to fulfil their criteria for what a winning photo should be. The theme can be interpreted as entrant wishes, yet pornographic content or gruesome images, and other images that the judges deem do not fit the theme and/or are not fit for their audience, will not be considered. The winners will be notified within a month of the closing date of the competition.
9. Four entries at least will be published by judges collectively, yet a judge may chose to publish more than one photo at their discretion. Further prizes may be announced subject to availability.
10. The winners may be required to take part in publicity, but this is optional.
11. The winners’ names, ages and counties, as well as their Instagram name if provided, will be disclosed when their images are published (this is the ‘exposure’ part of the competition). The ‘World Worth Saving’ competition team, and judges, have permission to contact the winners in relation to the competition but not in relation to any kinds of promotion/ unwanted contact. All other personal details will be deleted within a month after the competition has ended.
12. The prizes as described are available on the date of publication. More may present themselves, but this is uncertain.
13. Events may occur that render the competition itself or the awarding of the prizes impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the Promoter and accordingly the Promoter may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the promotion and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to the Promoter as a result thereof. There are also no refunds of contributions.
14. The ‘World Worth Saving Team’ is responsible for the first part of the promotion, which is the publication and adjudication of the competition. All other facilities connected with the provision of the prize are the responsibility of the judges @harryskeggs, @Janesamuels, @ethnopoet, @jakemiller.yup.
15. English law applies and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts shall prevail.